RequirementsThe ideal candidate for the role of Regional Manager will be a strong leader capable of guiding and developing District Managers while also building relationships and engendering trust with customers. S/he will be a skilled trainer and mentor who is also a courageous manager able to hold team members accountable for results. To be a strong fit for the role of Regional Manager, you will have:
- Experience and demonstrated success managing a remote team of 5-7+ leaders utilizing technology to execute primary job tasks
- Experience in a retail service / merchandising role, including manufacturing
- Proven skill managing organizational change, ideally in a rapidly growing and evolving environment
- Analytical reasoning skills and demonstrated proficiency in problem-solving -- managing a variety of issues in a customer-facing role
- Strong business acumen, including understanding of best practices, strategy and tactical execution
- Computer competency, including proficiency with MS Office Suite programs (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook); the ability to interpret data and create reports
- Experience in a role requiring a good deal of travel.
- An innovative mindset with a strong results orientation
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple activities and priorities effectively; a sense of urgency
- Solid influencing and negotiation skills
- A polished, professional presence
Qualified candidates will be required to pass a background check.
Pictured: our I AM brand is our declaration of love to a modern and feminine lifestyle. I AM offers a great assortment of jewelry and accessories for a reasonable price.
Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, you will manage and develop a team of 10+ District Managers (DMs) which, in time, will grow to 15 and possibly even 20 DMs. The DMs will be dispersed across a wide territory that stretches from Alaska down to San Diego, California, over to Kansas, up to Montana and down to Texas. Each District Manager will be responsible for a territory of between 2 and 4 states and manage a team with an average of 25 Mobile Merchandisers. Each merchandiser is responsible for working within our customers' locations, stocking and servicing our products, and meeting the needs of each customer. The region is expected to produce $50-$60MM through 2018, up to $100MM by 2020!
You will come into a team of 9 DMs, which you'll assess and grow. It's a mixed team, including approximately a third newer members, a third who have been with us for at least a year and a third who have been with us from the beginning of our US operation more than 5 years ago. You'll add to and develop the team, setting expectations, making necessary changes, filling gaps, etc. in order to build a strong and productive group of "A" players.
In your first months, you will:
- Undergo onboarding training and begin developing cultural understanding of the organization through assessment and meaningful individual interactions with staff and partners (first 30 days)
- Assess the District Managers on your team and their markets. Based on your assessments, identify gaps and develop a business execution roadmap (first 60 days).
- Prioritize gap closures; execute strategic roadmap (first 120 days).
- Develop and execute a scalable workforce recruitment & succession plan for individual team members (first 120 days).
- Develop your team; ensuring a fully staffed and dedicated team of “A” players (first 120 days and ongoing).
As you will work closely with your team, in turn, you will work closely with your manager. You will have weekly calls at first and later bi-weekly calls to discuss strategy and KPIs. You will also attend quarterly leadership meetings across the country.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Video: A quick overview of how we partner with retailers and deliver value. Their success is the key to our success, and you will play a key role in delivering on our commitment to helping them achieve their goals.
What's in It for YouGreenfield opportunity / career growth
While we have been in the US for almost 6 years, we're at a tipping point for exponential growth, making this essentially a greenfield opportunity! You can spotlight your talent and make an impact through team building, revenue growth and goal attainment. Prove yourself and additional career opportunities within beeline could become available nationally and internationally. Most advancement opportunities would require relocation to Atlanta or overseas.
In addition to a competitive salary and performance-based bonus potential, we offer comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with discretionary company match; generous paid time off; and more. Plus, you'll enjoy a 50% discount on our products.
Strong and stable partners
Our customers are top retailers that are here for the long-haul. We have solid contracts in place and strong relationships that have resulted in strong profits for both our customers and beeline. You will help maintain those partnerships through strong relationship building and service.
Values at the core
beeline’s corporate values don’t just exist on paper. They define our daily interactions with each other, our suppliers, partners and customers. Our key values are passion, quality, responsibility, team spirit and transparency.
Room for individuals
It is important to us that our employees take pleasure in their work. This has been one of our principles since the company was founded. beeliners remain true to themselves and show mutual respect.
Growing strong -- together
At beeline, we’re always looking for new paths to travel. We enter new markets or offer our partners new sales solutions adapted to their requirements. This is how we continue to develop not only itself but our employees, too. There’s one thing you’ll need to keep in mind, though: we do not support success at the expense of others. beeline does not reward lone wolves.
Our corporate responsibility doesn’t stop at national borders. As one of the leading suppliers of fashion jewelry, we have an opportunity and, in our view, the obligation, to promote fair labor conditions, practice environmental responsibility, maintain high levels of health-friendly quality in our products and give back to the communities in which we work.
People are our top priority. We can only be successful if we work closely together as a team, so we treat each other with respect, trust and fairness. We focus more on results than on hierarchy -- it’s not unusual for employees at every level to interact with senior executives. These are just some of the reasons there is a high number of employees who have been with us since we entered the US six years ago.
Pictured above: The SIX brand identifies current trends and meets the taste of fashion-conscious, urban customers. And it’s not just for women -- since 2007, we’ve had an attractive product line for men, too. Below: TOSH is an unmistakable jewelry collection that offers fashion enthusiastic women a distinctive selection of high-quality jewelry. The brand TOSH is defined by exceptional quality, providing an attractive value for money.
Values for SuccessThis is a role where you can lean forward and drive success in multiple areas. You'll manage purpose by effectively communicating our vision across audiences, gaining buy-in from internal and external stakeholders. You'll be resourceful and professional, efficiently leveraging resources and turning challenges into opportunities. You'll attract, retain and help strong talent to meet their potential and thrive, setting high expectations and inspiring / influencing your team to excel. Ultimately, your success will be measured by robust partnerships and revenue growth across your territory.
As Regional Manager, you will be expected to consistently deliver top quartile outcomes across key KPIs. You will know you’re hitting the mark when you meet and exceed your objectives in the following areas.
- Business Results – Consistently delivering positive business results against sales, expense, and talent objectives.
- Customer Relationships – Building strong relationships across customers, including key leadership at the store level and one step above.
- Customer Integration – Creating a seamless relationship between customers and beeline around executable goals.
- Market Insight – Providing insightful thought leadership on business strategy development.
- Talent Development – Ensuring your region becomes a net exporter of talent.
- Team Performance – Ensuring the regional team has clear objectives aligned with business outcomes, receives consistent feedback against those objectives, and receives appropriate consequences (+/-) based on their performance.